A few nights back I was browsing Amazon and stumbled on an $89 refurbished Withing Scale. Yesterday it showed up on my doorstep!
For the price, it's a hella fine scale and once you've installed the app on your phone, setting up the scale is pretty straight forward.
My goal was to have my weight tracked automatically on Nomie each time I step on the scale. Here's how I did it.
What you'll needed
- Nomie Pro on iOS or Android - FREE.
- Withing Scale and Withing Account
- IFTTT Account
- Nomie API Subscription
- Weight tracker in Nomie
Step 1. Add a Weight Tracker
- Make sure Nomie is installed and running in the background.
- Tap here to open Nomie to auto create a Weight Tracker
If you want this newly install tracker on one of your boards, press the + button and select "Add Existing Tracker".
Step 2. Create the IFTTT Applet
Let's create a new applet: https://ifttt.com/create/
- Search for Withing
- If not authenticated, allow IFTTT to access your Withing Account
- Select Trigger: Body Scale - New Measurement
- For the then that search, and select Maker
- Select Make a web request
The only thing you need to provide in this form is the URL.
When finished, press "Create Action".
Step 3. STAND ON YOUR SCALE!
If all went as planned, the next time you open Nomie your Weight will have been recorded.